Hucknall town centre improvement scheme
The Hucknall town centre improvement scheme will see sections of the High Street pedestrianised. There will also be new roads and junctions to reduce congestion in the town
The scheme received final funding approval from the Department for Transport in February 2015.
The scheme aims to:
- reduce congestion
- create an attractive shopping centre
- attract new retailers
- promote the regeneration of Hucknall.
The scheme will also incorporate flood relief measures. These are designed to deal with some of the problems that have been experienced in the town in recent years.
As part of the scheme a new road from Station Road/Ashgate Road to Baker Street/Annesley Road will be built, taking thousands of vehicles a day away from the high street. This will allow a pedestrian zone to be created along the high street between Baker Street and Watnall Road.
This work is funded by:
- Department of Transport
- Nottinghamshire County Council
- Ashfield District Council.
- October 2015: demolition works begin. These will last approximately 12 weeks
- January 2016: construction of the new road begins. Traffic management measures will be in place during these works
- January 2017: expected completion date for whole scheme.
If you have any questions about the Hucknall improvement scheme please email firstname.lastname@example.org.