Get on board our new Nottsbus ECOnnect vehicles
The quieter, smoother, greener way to travel
We are committed to improving air quality, addressing climate change and exploring sustainable transport opportunities. This is why we're introducing two brand new electric buses on the 510 and 511 routes running between Beeston, Toton and Stapleford from 4 June.
The Nottsbus ECOnnect 510 and 511 bus services provide a vital service for many people who cannot access the commercial bus network, providing access to training, employment, health, shopping and leisure facilities. The services also provide convenient connections to other bus and tram services to Nottingham and Derby.
Benefits of electric buses include:
- zero exhaust emissions - helping reduce harmful emissions which impact on health and the environment
- reduced C02 emissions and helps address climate change
- reduced running costs due to cheaper costs of electricity compared to diesel
- smooth and quiet journeys - no engine noise so passengers can enjoy a better journey experience
- larger seating capacity - allowing more users to access the service
- emission-free rides to popular destinations such as:
- Attenborough Nature Reserve
- Bardills Garden Centre
- Japanese Water Gardens
- Stapleford and Beeston Town Centres
- Chilwell Retail Park.
Get the ticket to cheaper, greener travel
We have partnered with Nottingham Express Transit (NET) to provide a new Nottsbus ECOnnect Plus ticket which will be available from Monday 4 June to coincide with the launch of the new eco-friendly electric buses.
The new ticket provides all-day travel on the 510/511 bus routes and also on the tram network connecting at Toton Lane Park and Ride and Beeston Bus and Tram Interchange.
- adults: £5
- under 19: £3.
Tickets can only be purchased on the new buses. Initially passengers will not be able to purchase this ticket from the tram ticket machines. This will be reviewed in the future.
It is hoped the brand new buses and great value connections with the tram will encourage residents to use zero emission public transport as an alternative to private cars, and enjoy a quieter, smoother, greener way to travel.
The new Nottsbus ECOnnect battery-electric buses have been funded in partnership with UK Government.
Timetables and fares
- 510/511 timetable [PDF]
- 510 timetable [PDF] printer-friendly version
- 511 timetable [PDF] printer-friendly version.
To celebrate the launch of our new Nottsbus ECOnnect vehicles on route from 4 June, we will be offering all passengers the chance to win a free travel pass!
There are 5 free bus passes up for grabs, valid on routes 510 and 511 until 31 December 2018.
How to enter
Take a selfie on board one of the new Nottsbus ECOnnect buses on routes 510 or 511 and post on either Facebook, Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #EcoNotts before Friday 6 July 2018.
Please ensure your competition entry is a public post and tag us in:
5 winners will be chosen at random on Tuesday 10 July 2018. Only 1 bus pass will be allocated per photo to the holder of the social media account used to post it.
Get ready to enjoy a quieter, smoother, greener way to travel for FREE and good luck!
Terms and conditions
- prize is 1 x bus pass per winning photo
- competition entries must be public posts to be seen by us
- 5 bus passes available
- bus passes are valid on the 510 and 511 routes only until 31 December 2018
- 5 x winners will be chosen at random on Tuesday 10 July 2018
- bus pass prize will be allocated to the holder of the social media account used to post the photo
- winners will be contacted via the social media account used to post the photo and by entering the competition, agree to this contact
- bus passes can only be used by the allocated person; if used fraudulently the bus pass will be retained by bus driver
- prizes have no monetary value
- the prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion
- no responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
- closing date is Friday 6 July. After this date the no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- all entrants give consent for the photos to be used for promotional campaigns by Nottinghamshire County Council
- standard terms and conditions apply.