Apply for a bus pass
You will need to complete and return one of these application forms:
If you can't print out a form, you can get them from:
Send completed forms and copies of documents to:
Transport and Travel Services
PO Box 1889
- we do not offer a 'while you wait' service at this address
- please supply copies of documents - do not send original documents.
Check you're eligible
To apply for a concessionary travel pass from us you need to live in Nottinghamshire.
If you live in Nottingham City please visit the city council's Citycard web pages.
You no longer automatically receive a pass at the age of 60. The qualification age for both men and women is linked to the state pension age for women - which is currently being increased to reach 66 by 2020.
To see when you will qualify for a free pass on age grounds, look at the state pension age calculator on the GOV.UK website.
You are eligible for a disabled person's pass if you:
- are blind or partially sighted
- are profoundly or severely deaf
- are without speech
- have a disability, or have suffered an injury, which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on your ability to walk
- do not have arms or have long term loss of the use of both arms
- have a learning disability - a state of arrested or incomplete development of mind which includes significant impairment of intelligence and social functioning, or
- would have an application to drive a motor vehicle refused due to your disability.
If you are a disabled person, you may be able to apply for a pass which also allows a companion to travel with you.
In order to qualify for a pass with companion's entitlement you must be unable to board public transport without assistance and meet at least one of the qualifying criteria below:
- be blind
- have a severe walking disability
- have a severe learning disability.
Please note: If you are the disabled pass-holder you can enjoy free off-peak travel on local buses anywhere in England. Your companion is only entitled to free travel for journeys starting in Nottinghamshire. Free companion travel for journeys starting outside of Nottinghamshire is not included.
Before you apply for a Disabled Person's Pass, please read the document Eligibility and support document required for application [PDF].
For further information or help filling out the form, contact our Customer Service Centre on 0300 500 80 80.