We've made some changes to our website. You may find some areas still in development. Read more about this work.

Apply for a concessionary travel pass

Check your eligibility

To apply for a concessionary travel pass from us you need to live in Nottinghamshire.

If you live in Nottingham City please visit the city council's Citycard web pages.


You no longer receive a pass automatically at the age of 60. Instead, the qualifying age is now linked to the state pension age.

To see when you will qualify for a free pass on age grounds, look at the state pension age calculator on the GOV.UK website.


You are eligible for a disabled person's pass if you:

  • are blind or partially sighted
  • are profoundly or severely deaf
  • are without speech
  • have a disability, or have suffered an injury, which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on your ability to walk
  • do not have arms or have long term loss of the use of both arms
  • have a learning disability - a state of arrested or incomplete development of mind which includes significant impairment of intelligence and social functioning, or
  • would have an application to drive a motor vehicle refused due to your disability.


You will need to complete and return one of these application forms:

If you are unable to print out a form, copies can also be picked up from:

  • district council offices
  • libraries
  • customer service points
  • bus stations.

When you return the form you will need to include

  • passport-sized photo
  • proof of disability (if applicable)
  • proof of identity
  • proof of residency.

Send completed forms to:

Transport and Travel Services
Nottinghamshire County Council
County Hall
West Bridgford

More information

For further information or help filling out the form, contact out Customer Service Centre on 0300 500 80 80.

Share this page?

Contact the Council

Find and talk with us online or contact us directly by online form, email, telephone, post or in person at one of our offices.

Facebook.com/Nottinghamshire Twitter.com/NottsCC Use our online form Visit us in person Call us on 0300 500 80 80