Apply for a licence to erect scaffolding, hoarding and advertising boards
If you want to erect and maintain scaffolding, hoarding or other structures on or over a road you need to obtain a licence. You will need a separate licence for each location.
Apply for a scaffolding or hoarding licence
- Application Form [Word] - Use this version if you are completing electronically and emailing the form to us
- Application Form [PDF] - Use this version if you are printing off and posting the form to us
To apply for a licence complete the application form above and return to:
Technical Support Team
Via East Midlands Ltd
Bilsthorpe Business Park
Or email it to: email@example.com
To complete the application form you must state where, when and what type of scaffolding/hoarding you wish to erect. We require ten working days from receipt of application for processing.
You must also:
- declare that you have received and will conform to the Nottinghamshire County Council Standard Conditions (these are included in the application form)
- provide evidence that you hold Public Liability Insurance with a limit of no less than £5,000,000 and state the Indemnity to the Principal Clause
- declare that the utilities have been consulted and agree to the proposals
- declare that you understand that the responsibility for ensuring compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act, 1974 is that of the Licensee and his/her contractor and not of the Highway Authority or its Agent.
Charges for licences will depend upon the length of the proposed structure and on how long it is required to be in the road.
If an invoice is requested by the scaffold company an additional charge will be made to cover administration costs.
More information about advertising boards and displays of goods on the highway [PDF]
Apply for an advertising board licence
You can apply for an advertising board licence by contacting:
- telephone: 0300 500 80 80
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org.