Make an enquiry about a road
You can submit a query relating to the status of roads and the proximity of traffic or road schemes by submitting a personal search enquiry.
Personal search enquiries
What you are going to do:
- complete the online form below, providing a location plan for the property searched against
- send a cheque for the correct amount with your enquiry, made payable to Nottinghamshire County Council – charges are shown below
- we aim to reply within ten working days of receiving a cheque for the correct amount of charges. Please note that there are occasions where the information is not immediately available and we will inform you if this happens
- our response will be e-mailed and/or posted with an acknowledgement of your payment.
The following charges apply from 1 April 2015:
- information on road and traffic Schemes: £9
- road adoption questions without us providing a plan (which would include road and traffic schemes if required): £16
- road adoption questions requiring provision of a highway extent plan (which would include Road & Traffic Schemes if required): £51
- provision of additional public highway extent plans: £35.
Charges apply to district councils and personal search enquiries.
Justification for the charges
Listed below is the Financial Statement for search charging as required by The Local Authorities (England) (Charges for Property Searches) Regulations 2008.
Full road search adoption questions and road schemes
- Estimated expenditure to nearest £1,000 = £90,000
- Estimated number of searches for 2011/12 (based on 2007/08, 2008/09, 2009/10) = 6,000
- The charge set for 2011/12 = £15.
Road schemes only (Q.3.4 to 3.6 on CON 29 form)
- Estimated expenditure to nearest £1,000 = £32,000
- Estimated number of searches for 2011/12 (based on 2007/08, 2008/09, 2009/10) = 4,000
- The charge set for 2011/12 = £8.
The financial estimates are based on salary (including overheads) costs, which are reasonably incurred in creation and maintenance of the relevant records in connection with complying with a request for access to property records.Make an enquiry now