New Minerals Local Plan
The current adopted Nottinghamshire Minerals Local Plan is out of date and work is now underway to draft a replacement plan. The new Minerals Local Plan will cover the period to 2036 and will set out how much mineral we are likely to need, site specific allocations to meet identified demand and a range of planning policies against which future minerals development will be assessed.
The first stage of consultation known as the ‘Issues and Options’ was completed in January 2018 with the feedback from the consultation used to inform the ongoing development of the minerals plan.
Draft Minerals Local Plan consultation
The next stage in the development of the Minerals Local Plan is the publication of the Draft Nottinghamshire Minerals Local Plan consultation document. The document sets out the draft list of site allocations to meet expected demand over the plan period along with planning policies against which future minerals development would be assessed against. The public consultation will seek views on the suitability of the proposed site allocations as well as the plan policies. Consultation will take place between July 27 and September 28 2018.
If you would like to make representations on the Minerals Local Plan, we would encourage you do so on online using our interactive online consultation system.
- Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (SFRA) [PDF]
- Strategic Transport Assessment (STA) [PDF]
- Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report [PDF]
- Issues and Options Sustainability Appraisal Report [PDF]
- Draft Minerals Local Plan Interim Sustainability Report [PDF]
- Options Development Paper [PDF]
- Landscape Character Assessment [PDF]
- Sites Assessment Methodology [PDF].
A series of exhibitions are being undertaken at a number of libraries and other locations across the county as part of the minerals local plan public consultation. Planning officers will also be attending the events at specific times to answer any questions you may have regarding the current consultation.
Exhibitions will run from Wednesday 5 September to Friday 28 September 2018 at the following libraries across the county:
- Retford Library
- Clifton Library
- Arnold Library
- Ravenshead Library
- Newark Library
- East Leake Library
In addition, planning officers will be present for drop-in Q&A sessions at the following venues, times and dates:
- Wednesday 5 September, 2pm to 5.45pm - Retford Library
- Thursday 6 September, 3pm to 5.45pm - Clifton Library
- Friday 7 September, 3pm to 5.45pm - Arnold Library
- Monday 10 September, 2.45pm to 5.45pm - Collingham Memorial Hall
- Tuesday 11 September, 3pm to 5.45pm - Ravenshead Library
- Wednesday 12 September, 3pm to 6.45pm - Newark Library
- Thursday 13 September, 3pm to 5.45pm - East Leake Library
- Friday 14 September, 4pm to 6.30pm - Barton in Fabis Village Hall
Key contact points
Planning Policy Team
Nottinghamshire County Council
Nottinghamshire County Council’s Planning Policy Service is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring all personal information is kept confidential and safe. Read our privacy statement.