An exhibition highlighting the six men who were born in Nottinghamshire and received the Victoria Cross – the highest award of the British honours system – during World War 1 (1914-1918) will be on tour throughout Nottinghamshire at local libraries and at special Great War commemoration events.
• Sergeant William Henry Johnson (Worksop)
• Sapper William Hackett (Sneinton)
• Colonel Sir Charles Geoffrey Vickers (Nottingham)
• Captain Albert Ball (Lenton)
• Lance Corporal Wilfrid Dolby Fuller (Greasley / Mansfield)
• Private Samuel Harvey (Bulwell)
The exhibition will include a replica of the Victoria Cross and information about other medals awarded for service during the Great War.
The tour will be at the following locations on the dates below: