School Governor Training
All of our training is designed to support you as you develop into the role of a school governor. Usually your choice of training will be decided by the role you take up in your governing body.
If you are a new governor we recommend the Induction course as the best way of giving you a good grounding in what it means to be a school governor. As a more experienced governor you may feel that you know your role well, however as guidance, legislation and policy are constantly changing it is useful to keep yourself up to date on the areas of your responsibility by attending the courses. We look forward to welcoming you along to your chosen sessions.
Governor training is a sold service with two ways to access the programme.
- Annual subscription: with this option the school pays an annual subscription for unlimited access to the programme
- 'Pay as you go': with this option the school is charged for any governor attending any course.
The Governor Learning and Development service for subscribing schools includes:
- support and training that is comprehensive and responsive to the changing learning needs of school governors
- sessions delivered by qualified trainers, many of whom are experienced school governors
- a termly training programme of generic, up-to-date governor learning sessions delivered on a county-wide basis. Subscribing schools have unlimited access to this core training programme
- unlimited access to Governor E-Learning (GEL)
Core training courses
You must use the Eventbrite link to book a course. Our administration team will not be able to do this for you.
The first time you click to book on to an event please create your own free Eventbrite account. You can then see and manage all your event bookings.
Course cancellation (us)
Training courses will only be cancelled or postponed when numbers are so low that it is not viable to go ahead, usually less than 4 delegates depending on the training event. On rare occasions where only one delegate arrives for training, the trainer will decide whether to go ahead or not. Training sessions with only one participant are not viable/effective in these circumstances. If the decision is made not to go ahead, the delegate will be given the training materials to take away.
Courses will be cancelled eight days before the date if there are fewer than four places booked.
Cancellations may also occur if the trainer becomes unavailable or there is bad weather. In these circumstances we will always do our utmost to contact all delegates to inform them of the cancellation.
Course cancellation (you)
If you have booked a place but find you cannot attend, remember to go online and cancel your place. This will make your place available to others.
Book a course
View up-to-date governor learning sessions delivered on a county-wide basis.
Learning Link E-Learning for Governors
Learning Link is included in the annual subscription to the training package.
The Annual Governor Conference
Each year we hold a conference for all governors in Nottinghamshire. The conference is always well attended and received.
All subscribing schools are allocated two places at the conference to be claimed on a first come first served basis.
Details for this year's event:
- title: The Ever Changing Face of Governance
- venue: Eastwood Hall
- date: Saturday 10 March 2018
- Book a place