Best Dressed Competition
To celebrate the arrival of the Tour of Britain in Nottinghamshire and give a warm welcome to the world’s top cyclists, we’d like your help to get our county dressed its very best.
With a global TV audience of millions, the eyes of the world will also be upon us so it’s a fabulous opportunity to showcase our great county has to offer.
So dig out the bunting and flags for your homes and fences, get creative with banners and posters, and let your imaginations soar to new heights with outstanding land art!
We will be giving a very special prize to the best dressed town or village in every district, chosen by an independent panel of judges who will be looking for flare, creativity and going the extra mile to embrace the spirit of the Tour of Britain.
How to enter
Tell us all about your plans and send us your photos using our online form and we will also let the producers know so you could feature on TV if your display is on the route.
Don’t forget to also share photos on social media with #NottsToB
Please make sure you have permission from the owners of any buildings or land you want to decorate. If in doubt, check with your local council.
Come on folks, let’s get geared up for some ‘wheelie’ great displays – good luck!
In need of inspiration? Here are a few ideas
- Decorate the route with flags and bunting
- Create colourful town/village/window displays
- Get your local community group involved – the more the merrier!
- Decorate old wheels or bikes to display
- Create land art in your local space – the bigger the better!
- The theme doesn’t need to be bicycle related, you can showcase your district heritage, landmarks, famous people, anything you are proud of.
- Celebration of industries are also encouraged but commercial advertising will not be counted.
It’s really easy to enter our competition, all you have to do is:
- send us your plans and photos via our online form or
- post your photos on social media using #NottsToB