Delivering our strategic plan
The latest report focuses on our progress in delivering the first year of our strategic plan 2014 - 2015:
During October - December 2014:
- We have introduced 'Together we are Better', a new initiative in Mansfield/Ashfield which aims to prevent people living alone becoming isolated.
- We have began work on site on the A38 Kingsmill Road West speed management scheme which aims to reduce the number of road casualties and is expected enforcement will commence in Spring 2015.
- We have been successful in our application 'From miner to Major - the real Sherwood Forest' to the Heritage Lottery Fund with £119,000 of funding awarded for research and consultation.
- Together with Veolia (Nottinghamshire County Council's waste contractor) we have undertaken a targeted recycling campaign focussing on plastic recycling.
- We have relaunched the Economic Development Capital Fund to add to the six grants confirmed to date.
- The first 'Exchange Only' cabinet has gone live giving speedier, fibre based broadband service to premises in Cotgrave. At the end of December 2014, Better Broadband for Nottinghamshire had upgraded the infrastructure to 25,406 premises across the County.
- We have developed online tools to help pre-determine people's care needs and assess the possible costs of care. This is due to be trialled in the New Year.
- We have built on the learning from the 'Together in Newark' pilot by launching 'Together in Worksop' which, in collaboration with schools and local partners in the Worksop area, aims to further improve outcomes and life chances for disadvantaged and vulnerable learners.
If you wish to provide any comment on this report, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or write to:
Nottinghamshire County Council
Policy, Planning and Corporate Services Department