Supporting the voluntary sector
The community & voluntary sector team
The community and voluntary sector (C&VS) team has a strong track record of working effectively with the voluntary and community sector to deliver a diverse range of quality projects and services to Nottinghamshire communities.
These arrangements are essential to:
- foster aspiration, independence and personal responsibility
- promote the economic prosperity of Nottinghamshire
- safeguard our environment
- make Nottinghamshire a safer place to live.
Support for the Voluntary and Community Sector (VCS)
The Council encourages and supports voluntary and community action – consequently, the C&VS team have developed a range of measures to support the VCS including:
- a Community Empowerment and Resilient Programme
- a joint compact between the voluntary sector and local statutory organisations which describes how we will work together to improve our communities
- financial support including:
- regular liaison with the voluntary sector – and practical support. For example, if you are considering setting up a community group, the C&VS team can help with writing a constitution, advice on policies, chairing, meetings, preparing accounts and budgeting. The C&VS team can also provide information about local contacts and networks.
Other sources of support, advice and networking opportunities
Find support, advice and networking opportunities - including the Council directory of community groups which contains details of hundreds of groups, clubs and services across Nottinghamshire:
The Nottinghamshire Voluntary and Community Sector Study Report
Nottinghamshire County Council, in partnership with the local voluntary and community sector, commissioned an important piece of independent research into the state of the sector in the county:
- email: email@example.com
- telephone: 0115 977 2041