Facilities Management Advisory and Support Services
We provide a range of advisory and support services for schools employing their own caretaking and site management staff.
Our provision includes a sickness absence cover scheme for your caretaker or cleaner-in-charge, independent audits and checks for your school, staff training, advice on specialist areas of facilities management and a range of specialist cleaning services.
The service includes:
- Training and development for your site management staff
- Recruitment advice and assistance with interviews
- Independent, objective facilities audits
- Advice on health and safety, emergency planning and specialist cleaning procedures
- Comprehensive caretaker/cleaner-in-charge sickness absence cover scheme (see below)
- Advice on lettings and managing contracts including designing specifications, analysis of alternative provider documents and production of tender documents
- Direct employment and management of caretaker/site manager and cleaner-in-charge positions
- Facilities Management services such as pest control, external window cleaning, gutter/gulley cleans, kitchen cleans, waste disposal and washroom hygiene services
- Facilities audit (full or half day available) with a review of on-site building cleaning standards and site management operations, and suggestions for service improvement.
Our service provides impartial advice and gives you peace of mind in the knowledge that with a caretaker/cleaner-in-charge sickness cover scheme in place, you can rest assured your site will function regardless of challenges or problems.
It also provides reassurance on health and safety issues, risk assessments, training standards, use of chemicals, emergency procedures and solutions and access to a facilities audit process that received 100% positive feedback during piloting with schools and academies last year.
We also provide the following packages:
- Extended Facilities Management Audit (primary schools) - 1/2 day
- Extended Facilities Management Audit (secondary schools) - Full day
- Sickness absence provided after the 1st day of absence - Caretaker
- Sickness absence provided after the 1st day of absence - Cleaner of charge
- Sickness absence provided after the first 3 days of absence - Caretaker
- Sickness absence provided after the first 3 days of absence - Cleaner in charge
- Sickness cover provided after the first 5 days of absence - Caretaker
- Sickness absence provided after the first 5 days of absence - Cleaner in charge
- Full technical janitorial advice and auditing service (includes termly audits) - Year
- Standard technical janitorial advice and auditing service (includes an annual audit) - Year
Existing customers of the Facilities Management service will be able to view their revised cleaning/caretaking charges on the online Interactive Order System.