Concessionary travel passes
A concessionary travel pass allows you to enjoy free off-peak travel on local buses anywhere in England:
- Monday to Friday: 9.30am to 11pm
- weekends and public holidays: all day
- APPLY for a concessionary travel pass
- RENEW a concessionary travel pass
- Additional benefits
- REPLACE lost, damaged or stolen travel pass
- Local exclusions
The concessionary fares scheme is funded by central government but managed and administered by local transport authorities. The local transport authority reimburses bus operators for journeys made under the scheme. There are some services where concessionary bus passes are not supported under this scheme.
Concessionary passes are not accepted on this service.
Red Arrow is classed as an amenity service rather than local bus travel. A local bus service generally serves all stops along the route. However, the Red Arrow operates as a limited stop express service.
Night buses charge a premium fare so may be excluded from the scheme. Please check with the relevant operator.
Medilink and Centrelink
From 2 January 2018 the previous restriction for use of your pass on these services has been removed. You can therefore use your pass to travel as follows:
- before 9.30am: fares must be paid at all stops
- after 9.30am: free from all stops