Blue Badge scheme
The aim of the Blue Badge scheme is to help people with severe mobility problems caused by visible and non-visible ('hidden') disabilities to park close to their destination.
- Blue badge eligibility
- Apply for a blue badge
- Decision-making process
- Use of your blue badge
- Re-apply for a blue badge
- Blue Badge – Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
Blue Badge – Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
If you are a current Blue Badge holder and your badge is expired or due to expire soon, you can continue to use your Blue Badge within the Nottinghamshire County Council boundary and in NCC owned carparks and streets. For other Local Authority’s, supermarkets and private car parks, please contact them directly.
This is in line with national guidance to support people during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are continuing to process Blue Badge applications and renewals. However, following government advice, we have suspended face to face assessments. As a Local Authority We have a duty to protect the integrity of the Blue Badge scheme and should not issue a Blue Badge if eligibility has not been proven.
The Department for Transport (DfT) has now issued the following guidance:
1. In line with government advice on social distancing we can only conduct desk-based assessments for new Blue Badge applications and re-applications, and cannot call applicants in for face-to-face appointments at this time
2. Where your eligibility cannot be determined or a decision cannot be made without a face-to-face assessment, then unfortunately we cannot process your application further at this time - but we will complete your application when an appropriate level of assessment can be undertaken. We would like to assure you we will try our very best to obtain the required information from records we hold about you.
3. This should not stop you from submitting your applications for a new Blue Badge or to renewal your current one. We would like to assure you that we understand you may face extra challenges in completing an application and therefore the application will remain open for you to supply information when you can. If you cannot provide what is requested, we ask that you please let us know so we can appropriately mark your application for the future.
Please Note: Due to the implications of Coronavirus (Covid-19) there may be unexpected delays to the processing of Blue Badge enquiries and applications during this unprecedented time. We thank you for your patience at this time.