Blue Badge scheme
The Blue Badge scheme helps you park closer to your destination if you’re disabled.
- Blue badge eligibility
- Apply for a blue badge
- Decision-making process
- Use of your blue badge
- Re-apply for a blue badge
Apply for a blue badge
To apply for a Blue Badge, you will need to complete a form on the GOV.UK website via the link below. The form will ask you some questions about your disability to check your eligibility. It will then collect the information we need to send you a Blue Badge.
You need to complete this form if you are applying for your first Blue Badge or if you want to renew one.
Before you start
A Blue Badge costs £10. This is the only payment you make as part of the application process. The application form will tell you how to pay.
You’ll need a recent digital photo showing your head and shoulders.
You’ll also need a photo or scan of your:
- proof of identity (birth certificate, bus pass, driving licence, marriage certificate, medical ID card or passport)
- proof of address (driving licence or a letter dated within the last 12 months for council tax, from the department of work and pensions, or pensions team)
- proof of benefits (if you receive any)
You’ll also need to know:
- your National Insurance number (if you have one)
- the details of your current Blue Badge (if you're re-applying).
If you can't upload all the requested documents now this will not stop you completing the form. At the end of the application you will get information about how to send us these documents.
Alternative ways to apply
If you are unable to complete the form online, you can contact our Customer Service Centre on 0300 500 80 80.
You can find other ways to contact us on our website.