Property related Statutory compliance
The Property Compliance team have been delivering our services within schools for many years and will work in partnership with your school to provide you with professional advice and support to enable compliance with statutory requirements. We aim to provide high quality statutory compliance services that are flexible and responsive and can be tailored to your specific requirements which deliver cost effective risk appropriate solutions and offers excellent value for money.
NOTE: LEA Schools DO NOT need to purchase these services as they are already provided as part of the centrally funded support programme offered by the Property Compliance team, apart from the Water (Legionella) Monitoring service which needs to be purchased from us. However, you should tell us if you are planning changes to your status as this will affect the level of services we can provide for you. Bespoke prices can be provided for Multi Academy Trusts if they wish to buy back a package of services.
What we offer
Services and advice on risk related legal compliance issues including:
- Condition surveys – identification of significant premises related issues (building, electrical and mechanical) to support your planned maintenance programmes, risks graded and prioritised using CIPFA alphanumeric matrix with estimated costs for improved budget planning
- Fire Risk Management – including fire risk assessments as required by the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005
- Fire Safety Advice (Specific) – Specific technical fire safety advice
- Water Risk Management – including Water Hygiene (Legionella) Risk Assessments in accordance with The Approved Code Of Practice L8 : 2013. Site specific water safety guidance on request. Advice on design and installation to comply with The Water Regulations
- Water (Legionella) Monitoring – including tank inspections, shower cleaning and temperature monitoring services
- Asbestos Register Updates – reviewing and updating of asbestos registers and schematic plans to meet requirements of Control of Asbestos Regs 2012
- Asbestos Management Advice – advice and support on the preparation of your Local Asbestos Management Plan (LAMP)
- Advice and support on how to discharge your ‘CDM client’ duties as required by the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
- AutoCAD site/building plans – as part of relevant surveys and assessments
- All ‘specific’ specialist onsite support/advice available (by the day/half day as required)
- Access to P2.
Benefits to your school
- More effective management of premises related risk
- Improved knowledge and understanding of what action you need to take to maintain legal compliance and how to respond to issues and concerns as they arise
- Legislative compliance reducing the risk of prosecution with associated costs and reputational risk
- A high quality service which provides excellent value for money
- Access to professional advice, guidance and support from specialists that understand your services and you can trust
- Qualiified and experienced staff (surveyors/assessors) who are committed to high quality services and have extensive knowledge of working within schools and have and have enhanced DBS clearance
- Access to additional services - online property compliance information
Please use the contact details provided for more information.