Governor Learning and Development
We provide school governors with a flexible, value for money, up to date learning and development programme which takes account of the statutory/legal requirements, national/local initiatives and the requests of governing bodies. Our courses are regularly reviewed and updated to reflect the latest version of the Ofsted framework and the Competency Framework for Governance and are designed to enable governing bodies to contribute to sustained school improvement.
What we offer
- Unlimited access to an annual programme of core learning and development activity.
- Two (first come first served) places at the annual governors' conference.
- Unlimited access to e-learning development opportunities for governors.
- An annual survey of training coordinators and chairs to identify current and future learning needs.
Benefits to your school
- Access to a programme of development opportunities designed from identification of governing body training needs.
- Courses delivered at accessible venues throughout the county.
- All courses are designed specifically for governors with their legal and statutory responsibilities clearly explained.
- Sessions delivered by qualified trainers many of whom are experienced school governors.
- A choice of delivery methods including group sessions and e-learning online training and development.
- The programme is regularly updated with new courses to ensure governors are updated with important changes.
- Convenient booking system - bookings taken via the internet.
- Easy access to the training programme on the internet.
"A well delivered smooth flowing lively event. Well worth the time to attend. Please convey my many thanks to the tutor"
Governor, Gedling District.
"I found the course informative and it was delivered in an engaging way"
Governor, Newark District.