Nottinghamshire Children's Speech and Language Therapy
- two children in every classroom have Developmental Language Disorder. Do you know who they are and how to help them?
- 50% of children in disadvantaged areas do not have the speech, language and communication skills they need to do well at school
- 60% of children with behavioural needs have speech, language and communication needs – do you how to support them?
Nottinghamshire Children and Families Partnership (NCFP) Talking Together Service offers professional NHS-employed speech and language therapy services to schools and early years settings across the East Midlands. We can also provide consultation advice nationally.
Our staff team include national leaders in universal and targeted speech and language therapy services, advising Government, DfE, DHSC, Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists and the BBC on ways to support all children reach their language potential so they are school-ready. We also employ assistants with extensive experience and enhanced qualifications in supporting language in the Home Learning Environment. All speech and language therapists are registered with the Health Professions Council and the Royal College of Speech and Language Therapists.
We can support staff and children in a range of areas:
- Talking Matters
- Communication for All
- Let’s Interact- An adaptation of Learning Language and Loving It™ - The Hanen Program® for Early Childhood Educators/Teachers
- Talking with Twos
- Leading on Language™
Bespoke training packages are available on request.
- Elklan: Speech and language support for 3 to 5s.
- Elklan: Let’s Talk with the under 5s Parent Programme
- Talk Boost
- Home Talk ™
- support with a selection of tracking tools to enable identification of children with speech and language needs
- specialist support for children with identified speech and language difficulties
- environmental audits
- support to develop the role of a ‘Language Lead’ in settings, including Nottinghamshire Language for Life accreditation
- parent workshops
Mentoring and support for a range of interventions
- KS1 TalkBoost
- Early Years TalkBoost
- Attention and Listening Groups
- Narrative Groups
- Word Aware
- Language for Thinking
- Speech Sound Groups.
- to help you support parents in developing the home language environment
- track children’s progess
- develop your staff team.
Please contact us for a free consultation and advice to help identify the support that best suits your needs: