Notts Outdoors are inviting classes of pupils from Nottinghamshire schools to design a flag that encompasses the magic of Sherwood Forest, the home of the historic legend Robin Hood.
The flag will be a feature during a spectacular combat stage show at this year’s Notts Day celebrations, at Sherwood Forest on 26 August. This show will feature our very own Robin Hood and Maid Marian, along with the medieval performance group, The Sherwood Outlaws.
A bit more about the competition:
- Entries open 29 June
- Closing date 14 July
- The winning entry will be announced 21 July
- One flag design entry per class
- All entries need to be A3 size
- Send a photo or scan of your entry via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The winning design will be interpreted onto a flag that will feature in the combat show
- The pupils from the winning class will be invited along with their families to a VIP area in the main arena at Notts Day so that they can see the flag being handed to Robin Hood
- The winning class will receive a visit to their school from Robin Hood and Maid Marian, our educational guides from Sherwood Forest. As part of this visit pupils will have the opportunity to learn more about the medieval weapons that featured on the combat performance.
- The winning class will receive a free Bracken (Notts Outdoors mascot)
Please encourage your pupils to be as bold and creative as they like, showing off their artistic skills in a design that would be fit for King Richard (The Lionheart) himself.
Find out more from Robin Hood and Maid Marian:
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com