Skip to main content

Apply for ordinary watercourse land drainage consent

Before completing the application form you are recommended to contact us for advice on your proposal. Please follow this guidance to help avoid delays in your application.


This service is for

Consent to build a culvert or structure (such as a weir) to control the flow of water on any ordinary watercourse (under the Land Drainage Act 1991).


you can apply as a:

  • company
  • individual
  • group of individuals
  • public body.

You will need

Please read through the guidance notes [PDF] carefully before you complete the form. 

There is a charge of £50 for each structure or operation applied for under the Land Drainage Act.

Get Started

Alternative ways to do this

You can apply by downloading an application form [PDF] and posting it along with a cheque for £50 made payable to Nottinghamshire County Council to:

Nottinghamshire County Council
Flood Risk Management Team
Trent Bridge House
Fox Road
West Bridgford

If you need help filling in this form or require it in a different format (e.g. in large print, in Braille or on CD), contact us.

Share this page?