Welcome to the Nottinghamshire Safeguarding Children Partnership (NSCP) e-learning, developed in conjunction with Learning Pool.
All courses are interactive, including opportunities to work through case studies, do quizzes, write comments/answers and include links to further information/relevant practice guidance etc. Please note as you work between each section of the courses there is a blue progress bar on the top of each page. If you do not complete each section fully you won’t be able to complete the course i.e. course evaluation /print off a certificate.
These e-learning courses are free to all NSCP partner agencies, with the exception of private and for profit organisations.
We currently have the following courses available :
- Introduction to Safeguarding Children (for staff who may come into contact with children for short periods during the course of their work or for any staff who just need an introduction to the subject)
- Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect ( for staff who work directly with children, young people & families)
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Honour Based Violence and Forced Marriage
- Physical Abuse
- Sexual Abuse
- Domestic Abuse
- Trans Awareness
- Self-harm and suicidal thoughts in children and young people
- Social Media and Safeguarding
- Coercive Control
- Child Protection Investigations
- Safer Recruitment
- Childhood Obesity
- Emotional Abuse
- Safer Sleeping for Babies ( SIDS)
- Safeguarding Adults Awareness.
- Trauma, Toxic Stress and Adverse Childhood Experiences ( ACEs)
Please re-visit this page regularly as further courses are currently being quality assured and will be added soon.
Nottinghamshire County Council Staff
You should already have an e-learning account to access all courses via My Learning My Career log in page. You can log in using your email address and normal password.
New Council staff will need to email: firstname.lastname@example.org to set you up an account.
Note: Education settings ( including Council-maintained schools) need to follow registration process below – as per partner organisations.
Before registering you will need to ensure that you have your organisations unique registration key . You should have received an email from your organisation giving you this key, however if you haven’t please email Sarah Bale on: email@example.com. You will only need to use the key once, at this initial set up stage , then following this you can log in using your username and password only.
Click on our self-registration page to access your account or to create a new account (if not already got one) .
To create a new account - once on log in page click on Create New Account (green bar). You then need to complete: your email address/set up a password and insert your organisations Registration Key. Then please click More Details – you ONLY need to complete Managers Name/phone/ email in this section. Then click Request Account. You’ve then done - It only takes a few seconds!
Learning Pool Learner Support
For any assistance please contact learning pool directly:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephone: 0845 074 4114.
We hope the courses offer you and your organisation a valuable learning opportunity in relation to Safeguarding Children in Nottinghamshire. We welcome your feedback so please complete course evaluation forms on completion of courses.