NSAB Online referrer training and webinar
As Covid-19 has led us to new ways of working, and to consider how best we can deliver our learning opportunities, we have taken some time to develop our online training.
We are pleased to inform you that we have updated and adapted our popular referrer training course to an online format.
This course is aimed at those responsible for making Adult Safeguarding Referrals within your organisation based in Nottinghamshire County, as detailed in the Nottingham and Nottinghamshire Safeguarding Adults procedure for raising a concern and referring
If your organisation operates within Nottinghamshire County, and your role within that organisation requires you to act as Nominated Safeguarding Adults Referrer, you are invited to attend one of the dates that Nottinghamshire Safeguarding Adults Board has set up to provide Safeguarding Adults Referrer Training.
This course has been developed to offer support, guidance, and clarity to you in your role as the person responsible for making Safeguarding Adults referrals within your organisation.
The overall aims of the session are to enable delegates to understand:
- How to use the Nottinghamshire County multi-agency Referral Procedures and Pathways
- What to do when a Safeguarding Adults Referral is not required
- The function of the MASH (Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub)
The Learning Objectives for the course are to:
- Explore your responsibilities as a referrer when a concern is raised with you or you have become aware that abuse or neglect of an adult at risk has occurred, or is suspected
- Explore potential decisions which may result from the work you undertake as nominated referrer
- Understand consent, information sharing, capacity and person centred approaches in relation to adult safeguarding referrals
- Demonstrate the responsibilities and key components in making an effective adult safeguarding referral
Covering a range of learning styles, using a mixture of presentation and interactive exercises, we aim to equip you with the tools, knowledge, and confidence you need to make effective referral decisions on safeguarding adults concerns that are brought to your attention.
We will send out course pre-reading/ viewing materials approximately one week prior to the event.
Choose your session:
15th September 2020 13:00-14:30 Book online using Eventbrite
13th October 2020 13:00-14:30 Book online using Eventbrite
More dates will be added, so keep checking NSAB’s website for details
This event is only open to those responsible for making adult safeguarding referrals within your organisation.
We request that no more than 2 members of the same organisation attend per session.
Please note that numbers are limited, and if oversubscribed we may have to add you to a waiting list.
Nottinghamshire Safeguarding Adults Board reserves the right to cancel any booking it feels does not meet the registration criteria. In this event, we will contact you to explain our decision.
***Please note, this course will only cover the multi-agency procedures for Nottinghamshire County, not Nottingham City***18 August 2020:15:07