Planning to party for the Prince and Princess?

23 April 2018

Nottinghamshire residents planning a street party to celebrate the Royal Wedding between Prince Harry and Meghan Markle on 19 May only have a couple of weeks left to apply for a road closure.

Nottinghamshire County Council is waiving normal road closure charges for the royal celebrations, but party organisers still need to apply for a road closure by 4 May, at the very latest.

All potential road closures will be assessed. Where locations are approved, the Council will provide organisers with required traffic signs for use on the day of the celebrations. Highways staff will deliver signs to a pre-arranged address and collect them after the event.

To apply for a road closure, please register your event on the Nottinghamshire County Council website:  or call the Customer Service Centre on 0300 500 8080

Councillor Kay Cutts, Leader of Nottinghamshire County Council, said: “Major royal events like the forthcoming marriage of Harry and Meghan bring the country and local communities together to celebrate, which is a wonderful thing.

“I am delighted that we have been able to play our part in making it easier for people to hold street parties by waiving the usual fees and I hope as many areas as possible take advantage of the opportunity to take part in the celebrations.

“Every street wanting to host a party must be properly assessed though, so organisers must register by 4 May at the very latest.”


Find us on

Share this article