Not all superheroes wear capes – Nottinghamshire tell us who your Community Heroes are!
Nottinghamshire County Council is once again looking for new community heroes and heroines.
Nottinghamshire Community Heroes is seeking nominations for people who go the extra mile for a neighbour, an organisation or a local community. Chairman Kevin Rostance is appealing for nominations from across the county.
Councillor Rostance said: ““I am delighted to launch the next round of our Community Hero Award.
“The award gives us the opportunity to celebrate the wonderful people of Nottinghamshire and say thank you to many unsung heroes, who do amazing work within their local community, which can sometimes go unrecognised.
“This is the last Community Hero Award which I will present as Chairman, as my time in office comes to an end.”
Potential nominations could include:
- Help vulnerable people with shopping or give lifts for medical appointments
- Support young people in their community
- Volunteer for a good cause
- Lead a local community project which has made a difference to people’s lives
- Have carried out a heroic or selfless act
The Chairman will present the award at County Hall this spring.
The Nottinghamshire Community Hero nominations criteria are as follows:
- Nominees must live in the county
- Nominees must work or volunteer within the county
- Nominations should not be party political
- Nominees and those nominating would feature in award publicity
All nominations need to be submitted by 28 February 2020, please visit: www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/nottscommunityheroes.
Check out #NottsHeroes on Twitter