Sharing of personal care plan information between Nottinghamshire County Council and Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Trust
This privacy notice is of particular interest to County Council social care service users attending Kings Mill Hospital's Emergency Unit.
If you attend Kings Mill Hospital's emergency unit you may be asked by the hospital’s medical staff for permission to access information on your care plan. The County Council will hold and maintain a care plan for you if you are currently in receipt of services from the County Council’s social care teams.
On receiving a request from the hospital who are part of the Sherwood Forest Hospitals NHS Trust (Trust), the County Council may receive information from the Trust to confirm your identity and we may share some or all of the following personal information with the Trust:
- name, address, NHS Number to confirm your identity
- Nottinghamshire County Council identifier
- yes/no confirmation in relation whether or not you have a care plan and details of the relevant care plan and care providers
- yes/no confirmation in relation whether or not there has been a Multi-Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) referral on your social care record
- indication of whether you are under 18 years of age (when appropriate).
The County Council may receive confirmation of the following information from the Trust:
- confirmation of whether a care package needs to be postponed and an estimated time of hospital discharge.
Your information will be shared between the County Council and the Trust for the following purposes:
- to improve the provision of secondary care and to evidence clinical decisions and reviews
- to streamline and integrate care and support provision
- assist and inform the clinical decision making process for the admission and discharge of patients in and out of the emergency unit.
The personal information that is shared with the Trust will be retained by them and they will become responsible for that information. The Trust shall hold the information in accordance with their records retention policies and you will need to contact the Trust if you have any queries about their handing of your personal information.
The County Council and the Trust have an information sharing agreement in place which sets out the details and legal basis of the information sharing arrangement.
If you have any enquires about this privacy notice and the sharing of your personal information with the Trust, please contact the County Council’s Data Protection Officer:
The Data Protection Officer
Nottinghamshire County Council
- email: DPO@nottscc.gov.uk
- telephone: 0300 500 80 80.