First admission and transfer at junior (year 3)

If your child lives in Nottinghamshire, and you require a school place for September 2020, you must apply for a school place through Nottinghamshire County Council, even if the schools you want are outside Nottinghamshire.

Before applying, please read our Admissions to schools: Guide for parents and factsheet. These contain important information about how school places are allocated and the extra help available to you and your child:

If you are unsure whether you live in the area covered by Nottinghamshire County Council, you can find your local council on GOV.UK.

You can apply for first admission (reception) and transfer from infant to junior/primary (year 3) from 4 November 2019 and the closing date for applications 15 January 2020.  Applications received after this date will be considered late. 

View your application

Key information

The schools information documents give you details about all Nottinghamshire schools and includes a summary of oversubscription criteria which can help you decide which schools to apply for.

This fact sheet provides information about admission of children outside of the normal age group [PDF], this includes summer born children. 

The additional information form can be used to submit additional information in support of your application for a school place for your child. You should only use this form to support applications for community and voluntary controlled schools in Nottinghamshire.

This factsheet shows comparative admissions statistics [PDF] for the last 3 years.

Share this page?