Request personal information – Subject Access Requests (SAR)

Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and Data Protection Act (2018) you have the right to know what information the Council holds about you. Requesting a copy of this information is commonly referred to as making a Subject Access Request (SAR). 

Learn more about accessing information we hold about you [PDF] or accessing information about your time in care [PDF].

This service is for

You can make a request for your own personal information.

You may request information about or on behalf of someone else if you:

  • have consent from the person concerned or a registered Lasting Power of Attorney giving you authority to act on behalf of someone else
  • if you are wishing to see personal information held by the council about a deceased individual please see Information about the deceased
  • are a parent acting on behalf of a child, (although if the child is old enough, we will usually ask for their consent)
  • you must provide two forms of identification. One to confirm your identity and must be photo ID and one which confirms your current address

What will happen next

We will acknowledge your request and may ask you to provide details of specific information you require together with relevant dates.

Once you have confirmed who you are and provided proof of your identity, we will respond to your request within the statutory timescale of one month. In complex cases this can be extended by a further two months. If this is the case, we will write to you explaining the reasons why.

Get started/submit a request

Alternative ways to do this

In writing to:

Complaints and Information Team
Nottinghamshire County Council
County Hall 
West Bridgford 
NG2 7QP 


If you would prefer to speak to someone you can contact us on 0115 9772788

Share this page?