The Local Improvement Scheme: Capital Fund 2019-20
The Local Improvement Scheme is a discretionary financial contribution awarded by Nottinghamshire County Council to support the delivery of non-statutory capital projects that help to achieve the Council’s priorities as set out in the Council Plan 2017-21.
Applications for capital funding should also show how the proposed project / asset contributes to the Local Improvement Scheme strategic aims:
- to encourage and support local communities to be strong, vibrant and resilient
- to encourage and support volunteering
- to seek wider funding opportunities.
The year 2020 sees the 400th anniversary of the sailing of the Mayflower to the United States. Nottinghamshire has a close association to this historic event. Therefore, applications for capital projects that commemorate this significant anniversary and that help to promote community engagement are particularly welcome.
Eligible organisations can apply for one-off capital grants, ranging from a minimum of £1,000 up to a maximum of £50,000.
- the funded project / asset will need to remain in public use and / or leave a legacy for at least three years
- capital funding is a contribution to the cost of delivering a project / asset and therefore, organisations will need to show how the full cost of the capital project / asset will be met.
Applications should be received by Thursday 28 February 2019.
Before starting your application, it is strongly recommended that you read the Local Improvement Scheme Capital Fund Information for Applicants document which includes important information about:
- organisations that are eligible to apply
- the funding criteria – including what the funding can / cannot be used for
- match funding
- elected member (County Councillor) role
- how to apply.
Applications should be submitted using the application form:
All applications must be signed by the Nottinghamshire County Councillor for the district in which the project / asset will be delivered / installed:
The application form asks all applicants to confirm if the organisation understands and accepts the Local Improvement Scheme Privacy Notice [PDF].
Please note that the Information for Applicants document and application form have been reviewed and refreshed. Therefore, organisations should use the new documents that are available to download from this webpage.
If you have any questions, please contact the Communities Team:
- email: email@example.com
- telephone: 0115 977 2041.