Veterans Together Network
Have you served in the Armed Forces?
Are you over 65?
By joining the Veterans Together Network we can help you to get involved with projects and activities in your local community. For instance cookery classes, music sessions, gardening and art/history projects where you can create something, commemorate your time in the Armed Forces and share your story with others.
You will also get the opportunity to join our existing well-being groups, develop your own or be sign-posted to community organisations that will meet your needs and open up your social circle.
By working together, we can help to develop your well-being taking the '5 steps to wellbeing':
- connect – with people and the community
- learn – a new skill, hobby, do a community course
- activity – go walking, cycling, bowling, gardening
- notice – develop mindfulness, enjoy the moment
- give – share skills, volunteer, help each other.
There are over 43,000 Veterans in Nottinghamshire – so let’s get together.