Household Support Grant: Information for Parents and Carers
The Department for work and Pensions (DWP) has launched a new Household Support Grant which replaces the Covid Local Support Grant.
Nottinghamshire County Council will be providing funding for supermarket vouchers for children and young people eligible for free school meals or relevant funded childcare. This will include October half term and the Christmas holidays 2021.
Each eligible child will be entitled to a supermarket voucher worth £30 (to cover the two week half term period)
Who is eligible?
- Children and young people claiming free school meals
- 2 year olds accessing funded childcare
- 3 and 4 year olds in receipt of Early Years Pupil Premium
Eligible children and families will be contacted by their school, alternative education provider, College, or early years provider and will be issued a voucher to cover the October half term holiday.
If you believe your child is eligible for a voucher please contact your education provider directly as they will need to request this on your behalf
Parents and Carers have until 30th November 2021 to activate the voucher.
Vouchers will not be available on request by professionals as there is insufficient funding to allow for this.
If you are in urgent need of support, you may be able to access support through the Nottinghamshire Coronavirus Community Support Hub. To speak to a customer service representative about this, you can call: 0300 500 8080 (open 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday).
Additional help and support
- Nottinghamshire Coronavirus Community Support Hub
- Notts Help Yourself: financial and legal advice
- The Money Advice Service: free and impartial money advice
- Citizens Advice
- Money Sorted
- Money Advice: Notts Help Yourself
- Work and Volunteering: Notts Help Yourself
Meal and Recipe Ideas for Families
We have worked with the School Meals Service and ‘Your Health, Your Way’ to create some recipe cards and meal ideas that could be shared with families. Please use these if parents are struggling with ideas for healthy low cost meals.
- Meal planner and recipe ideas [PDF]
- Beef Keema [JPG]
- Beef Keema (web page version)
- Cheesy parsnip soup [JPG]
- Cheesy parsnip soup (web page version)
- Chicken Casserole [JPG]
- Chicken Casserole (web page version)
- Pizza Chicken [JPG]
- Pizza Chicken (web page version)
- Potato onion and cheese bake [JPG]
- Potato onion and cheese bake (web page version)
- Sausage pasta [JPG]
- Sausage pasta (web page version)
- Shepherd's Pie [JPG]
- Shepherd's Pie (web page version)