The role of the SEND keyperson Practitioner
Course title: The role of the SEND keyperson practitioner
Course administrator: Early Years specialist teachers
Target group: This course is for the practitioner who works directly with a child with special educational needs.
Pre-requisites: Please bring Early years: guide to the 0 to 25 SEND code of practice. Advice for early years providers that are funded by the local authority
About this course
The course aims are:
- To ensure that the child's learning and care is tailored to meet their individual need.
- To engage and support parent/or carer in guiding their child's development at home.
- To ensure that the practitioner is aware of all the available external support.
The course outcomes are:
By the end of the course practitioners will have:
- To develop skills in differentiating activities to meet the child's specific learning needs.
- To increase skills and confidence in engaging with parents and carers in supporting the child's learning.
To know where to go for help or support.
How to book
16 June 2020
County Hall, Loughborough Road, West Bridgeford, Nottingham NG2 7QP
The following costs will apply to this training course:
- NCC/City EY provider: £30
- NCC/City school: £60
- Non Nottinghamshire provider - £60
Courses are payable by credit or debit card at the time of booking, please follow the instructions on Eventbrite – invoices will not be sent for these courses.
You must use the Eventbrite link to book a course. You cannot contact the course admin to book.
Make sure you have your manager’s approval before booking on a course.
If you have booked a place but find you cannot make it remember to cancel your place so others can attend.
Please remember to bring your Eventbrite ticket on the day.
If you fail to attend a course you have booked on without cancelling your place via your Eventbrite account no refund will be given.
To view or change your booking in any way (such as cancelling your place) you must setup an Eventbrite account.
The email address you use to set up your account must be the same you used when originally booking the course.
Make sure your email address is correct or you will not receive any of the course information or notifications.
If you cannot go on a course and want a colleague to go in your place:
- if there are still places left then your colleague must book their own place and you must cancel yours
- if a course is full then telephone 0115 977 2510 to change the booking.
If you need any information then contact our business support team by:
- Phone: 0115 977 2510
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org