Sensory Loss Training
Course title: Understanding a Sensory Loss and its Impact on Children
Course tutor: Training delivered by Sensory Team, Schools and Families Specialist Services
Course level: All levels
Target audience : Early Years Practitioners in Early Years settings and Early Years SENDCos
About this course:
This half day training will be an opportunity to find out about different types of Hearing and Visual Impairment. It will seek to answer three questions:
- What does having a Sensory impairment mean?
- What does this look like for children in Early Years settings?
- What strategies will help?
This course is suitable for Early Years Practitioners, and SENDCos. No prior knowledge of a Sensory loss is needed. The focus will be on Early Years Foundation Stage.
By the end of the course practitioners will have:
- Developed their understanding of Sensory Impairment in children in the Early Years Foundation stage.
- Developed a range of appropriate strategies to support children.
10 March 2020
9.00am – 12.00am
Edwinstowe House, High street, Edwinstowe, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, NG21 9PR
The following costs will apply to this training course:
- NCC/City EY provider: £30
- NCC/City school: £60
- External PVI provider: £60
Courses are payable by credit or debit card at the time of booking, please follow the instructions on Eventbrite - invoices will not be sent for these courses.
You must use the Eventbrite link to book and pay for a course. You cannot contact the course admin to book.
Make sure you have your manager’s approval before booking on a course.
If you have booked a place but find you cannot make it, remember to cancel your place so others can attend.
Please remember to bring your Eventbrite ticket on the day. If you have not booked on the course, you will be turned away.
If you fail to attend a course you have booked on without cancelling your place via your Eventbrite account no refund will be given.
To view or change your booking in any way (such as cancelling your place) you must setup an Eventbrite account.
The email address you use to set up your account must be the same you used when originally booking the course.
Make sure your email address is correct or you will not receive any of the course information or notifications.
If you cannot go on a course and want a colleague to go in your place:
- if there are still places left then your colleague must book their own place and you must cancel yours
- if a course is full then telephone 0115 977 2510 to change the booking.
If you need any information then contact our business support team by:
- telephone: 0115 977 2510
- email: email@example.com