Role of the SENCO
Course title: Role of the SENCO
Course administrator: Early Years specialist teachers
Target group: This course is for NEW SENCO’s working in the PVI sector
Pre-requisites: Please bring Early years: guide to the 0 to 25 SEND code of practice. Advice for early years providers that are funded by the local authority
About this course
The course aims are:
- to explore the role of the SENCO in settings as key to early intervention for SEND children
- explore elements of the Code of Practice for SEND and other legislative changes related to Early Years provision.
The course outcomes are:
By the end of the course practitioners will have:
- an awareness and understanding of the code of practice and how this links to current policies, procedures and practice
- confidence to lead and support other practitioners in your setting
- an awareness of local and national agencies and an understanding of multi-agency working.
The following costs will apply to this training course:
- NCC/ City EY provider: £30
- NCC/City EY provider: £60
- Non Nottinghamshire: £60
Courses are payable by credit or debit card at the time of booking, please follow the instructions on Eventbrite – invoices will not be sent for these courses.
|Date||Time||Venue||How to book|
|2 May 2019||1pm to 4pm||Edwinstowe House, High Street, Edwinstowe NG21 9PR||Book online using Eventbrite|
You must use the Eventbrite link to book a course. You cannot contact the course admin to book.
Make sure you have your managers approval before booking on a course.
If you have booked a place but find you cannot make it remember to cancel your place so others can attend.
Please remember to bring your Eventbrite ticket on the day.
If you fail to attend a course you have booked on without cancelling your place via your Eventbrite account no refund will be given.
To view or change your booking in any way (such as cancelling your place) you must setup an Eventbrite account.
The email address you use to set up your account must be the same you used when originally booking the course.
Make sure your email address is correct or you will not receive any of the course information or notifications.
If you cannot go on a course and want a colleague to go in your place:
- if there are still places left then your colleague must book their own place and you must cancel yours
- if a course is full then telephone 0115 977 2510 to change the booking.
If you need any information then contact our business support team by:
- Phone: 0115 977 2510
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org