Safeguarding Children for the Designated Person
Course title: Safeguarding Children for the Designated Person
Course ref: SDP
Course level: All levels
Target group: Early Years Practitioners in Early Years settings with designated safeguarding person responsibilities
Course Tutor: Barnardo's
About this course
To enable those whose role is that of the Designated Person to manage their safeguarding responsibilities in an early years setting.
By the end of the course the Designated Person will be able to:
- Explain and apply the latest research and knowledge to inform best practice of safeguarding children in line with the national and local guidance (Nottingham Safeguarding Children’s Board)
- Use and review tools that could assist professionals to create and embed a safe culture through the use of effective supervision and multiagency working together, in line with the national legislation and guidance and Ofsted requirements
- Understand safer recruitment of staff and volunteers and tackle inappropriate behaviours in line with the local procedures (code of conduct, LADO)
- Access a list of resources which will assist the DPs to promote safeguarding of children throughout their daily practice.
Access a list of resources which will assist the DPs to promote safeguarding of children throughout their daily practice.
|Date||Time||Venue||How to book|
|22 January 2019||9.30am to 12.30pm||Edwinstowe House, High Street, Edwinstowe NG21 9PR||Book online using Eventbrite|
|19 March 2019||1pm to 4pm||Mansfield Civic Centre, Chesterfield Road South, Mansfield, NG19 7BH||Book online using Eventbrite|
The following costs will apply to this training course:
- NCC/City EY provider - £30
- NCC/City school - £60
- External PVI provider - £60
Courses are payable by credit or debit card at the time of booking, please follow the instructions on Eventbrite – invoices will not be sent for these courses.
You must use the Eventbrite link to book a course. You cannot contact the course admin to book.
Make sure you have your manager’s approval before booking on a course.
If you have booked a place but find you cannot make it remember to cancel your place so others can attend.
Please remember to bring your Eventbrite ticket on the day.
If you fail to attend a course you have booked on without cancelling your place via your Eventbrite account no refund will be given.
To view or change your booking in any way (such as cancelling your place) you must setup an Eventbrite account.
The email address you use to set up your account must be the same you used when originally booking the course.
Make sure your email address is correct or you will not receive any of the course information or notifications.
If you cannot go on a course and want a colleague to go in your place:
- if there are still places left then your colleague must book their own place and you must cancel yours
- if a course is full then telephone 0115 977 2510 to change the booking.
If you need any information then contact our business support team:
- telephone: 0115 977 2510
- email: email@example.com