Creating An Autism Friendly Setting: a package of support
Course title: Creating An Autism Friendly Setting: a package of support
Course ref: 32SN
Course tutor: Tutors from schools and families specialist services in partnership with your Area SENCO
Course level: Advanced. For experienced SENCO's or managers
About this course
This course aims to support you in developing autism-friendly practice and provision in your setting. The course is made up of 2 half days training and one visit in to your setting. The same member of staff will need to attend both training sessions. Between the 2 training dates it is expected that you will use the tools and put the strategies in to practice. Day 2 supports you to reflect on how these have supported you to develop an Autism friendly setting - further advice and support will also be provided.
During these two half-day courses participants will:
- Gain a greater understanding of the four key areas of difference within autism
- Understand how these differences impact on children’s needs and abilities
- Learn and share successful strategies linked to the four key areas of difference
- Learn how to use two key tools to understand and support children’s sensory and communication needs
- You will have the opportunity to put the sensory and communication tools into practice before the second half-day course
The following costs will apply to this training course:
- Nottinghamshire CC EY provider: £75
- City EY provider: £100
- City school: £150
- Nottinghamshire CC school: £125
- Non-Nottinghamshire Provider: £150
This package is currently part funded by the Delivery Support Fund (Dfe) From January 2020 this package will be charged at the full rate
Courses are payable by credit or debit card at the time of booking, please follow the instructions on Eventbrite – invoices will not be sent for these courses.
|Date||Time||Venue||How to book|
|30 April and 25 June 2019 (2 days)||9am to 12pm||Welbeck Hall, Welbeck Road, West Bridgford, Nottingham, NG2 7QW||Book online using Eventbrite|
You must use the Eventbrite link to book a course. You cannot contact the course admin to book.
Make sure you have your manager's approval before booking on a course.
If you have booked a place but find you cannot make it remember to cancel your place so others can attend.
Please remember to bring your Eventbrite ticket on the day.
If you fail to attend a course you have booked on without cancelling your place via your Eventbrite account no refund will be given.
To view or change your booking in any way (such as cancelling your place) you must setup an Eventbrite account.
The email address you use to set up your account must be the same you used when originally booking the course.
Make sure your email address is correct or you will not receive any of the course information or notifications.
If you cannot go on a course and want a colleague to go in your place:
- if there are still places left then your colleague must book their own place and you must cancel yours, call 0115 977 2510 to change the booking.
If you need any information then contact our business support team by:
- telephone: 0115 977 2510
- email: email@example.com.