Social Work Students
Where can I get help with job applications and preparing for interviews?
It’s always worth checking an employer’s website, to see what advice and information they offer about their recruitment process – and expectations may vary from one employer to another – but there are some general guidelines that will be well worth taking into consideration if you’re applying for a social work job. Download our Job-Seekers Guide for more information.
If you’re not sure what type of social work role would suit you best, you can also visit our Day in the Life pages, to learn more about the different social work jobs that you can access as you progress your career.
- What are the different routes into social work?
- How long will it take me to qualify?
- What types of roles could I undertake as a qualified social worker?
- What courses do the Partnership’s three universities offer?
- When will I go on my first placement?
- Will I have a choice about where I do my placements?
- Who will support me whilst I’m on placement?
- How can I prepare for a placement?
- How long will my placements last?
- What about placements in the voluntary sector?
- What contact will I have with the University whilst on placement?
- What about travel costs and expenses?
- Which local employers offer an ASYE programme?
- Where can I find out about ASYE programmes?
- What are the average rates of pay for a newly qualified social worker?
- What else should I think about when picking a prospective employer?
- Where can I get help with job applications and preparing for interviews?
- Where can I go to find out about jobs?