Social Work Students
Who will support me whilst I’m on placement?
Once you’ve been allocated to an employer for your placement, the employer will identify a Practice Educator – usually from within the team where you’re based – and it will be their responsibility to offer you on-going support during your placement with that organisation. They will also feedback on how you’re doing to your training provider/University.
- What are the different routes into social work?
- How long will it take me to qualify?
- What types of roles could I undertake as a qualified social worker?
- What courses do the Partnership’s three universities offer?
- When will I go on my first placement?
- Will I have a choice about where I do my placements?
- Who will support me whilst I’m on placement?
- How can I prepare for a placement?
- How long will my placements last?
- What about placements in the voluntary sector?
- What contact will I have with the University whilst on placement?
- What about travel costs and expenses?
- Which local employers offer an ASYE programme?
- Where can I find out about ASYE programmes?
- What are the average rates of pay for a newly qualified social worker?
- What else should I think about when picking a prospective employer?
- Where can I get help with job applications and preparing for interviews?
- Where can I go to find out about jobs?