Social Work Students
What are the average rates of pay for a newly qualified social worker?
Rates of pay vary across the employers within the Partnership, and each employer will have their own employment package to offer to new recruits. Most newly qualified staff can expect to be earning between £25,000 - £30,000 p.a. when they start their ASYE year.
Whilst we would hope that money is not the primary motivation for taking a job – we do recognise that pay is still an important factor to be weighed up, alongside other things such as career opportunities, CPD, location, and the support infrastructure that is offered. So it’s well worth doing a bit of research to find out more about each employer before you make any firm decisions.
- What are the different routes into social work?
- How long will it take me to qualify?
- What types of roles could I undertake as a qualified social worker?
- What courses do the Partnership’s three universities offer?
- When will I go on my first placement?
- Will I have a choice about where I do my placements?
- Who will support me whilst I’m on placement?
- How can I prepare for a placement?
- How long will my placements last?
- What about placements in the voluntary sector?
- What contact will I have with the University whilst on placement?
- What about travel costs and expenses?
- Which local employers offer an ASYE programme?
- Where can I find out about ASYE programmes?
- What are the average rates of pay for a newly qualified social worker?
- What else should I think about when picking a prospective employer?
- Where can I get help with job applications and preparing for interviews?
- Where can I go to find out about jobs?