Social Work Students
What about travel costs and expenses?
Generally speaking, we would expect student social workers to be able to drive, and to have access to a car for the duration of their placements – but you can check this requirement out during the Learning Agreement Meeting. Students will be expected to pay travel expenses to and from the placement. Some agencies do pay travel expenses, but not all and there may be an expectation that students will undertake home visits, visits to other teams and attend meetings. Students are required to have Business use on their car insurance. Travel costs and expenses while on placement will be discussed at the Learning Agreement Meeting.
- What are the different routes into social work?
- How long will it take me to qualify?
- What types of roles could I undertake as a qualified social worker?
- What courses do the Partnership’s three universities offer?
- When will I go on my first placement?
- Will I have a choice about where I do my placements?
- Who will support me whilst I’m on placement?
- How can I prepare for a placement?
- How long will my placements last?
- What about placements in the voluntary sector?
- What contact will I have with the University whilst on placement?
- What about travel costs and expenses?
- Which local employers offer an ASYE programme?
- Where can I find out about ASYE programmes?
- What are the average rates of pay for a newly qualified social worker?
- What else should I think about when picking a prospective employer?
- Where can I get help with job applications and preparing for interviews?
- Where can I go to find out about jobs?