Social Work Students
How long will my placements last?
Each student undertakes 2 placements – usually 80 days and 90 days respectively. They are required to be available to work full-time equivalent hours during these periods. Nottingham Trent University’s placements take place in September and January, the University Derby’s placements take place in March and the University of Nottingham’s placements take place between February and March.
- What are the different routes into social work?
- How long will it take me to qualify?
- What types of roles could I undertake as a qualified social worker?
- What courses do the Partnership’s three universities offer?
- When will I go on my first placement?
- Will I have a choice about where I do my placements?
- Who will support me whilst I’m on placement?
- How can I prepare for a placement?
- How long will my placements last?
- What about placements in the voluntary sector?
- What contact will I have with the University whilst on placement?
- What about travel costs and expenses?
- Which local employers offer an ASYE programme?
- Where can I find out about ASYE programmes?
- What are the average rates of pay for a newly qualified social worker?
- What else should I think about when picking a prospective employer?
- Where can I get help with job applications and preparing for interviews?
- Where can I go to find out about jobs?