An interest free loan for those in receipt of certain benefits. It is intended to meet household expenses that it would otherwise be difficult to budget for.
You must re-pay the money through weekly deductions from your benefit payments.
Who can apply
The loan is aimed at the:
- Long-term ill
- Unemployed/ part-time workers.
You can qualify for the loan if you receive:
- Income support
- Income based jobseekers allowance
- Income based employment and support allowance
- Pension credit
- Universal Credit
How to apply
- Visit the GOV.UK website to download an application form
- Phone 0800 1690140 to request an application form.