The D2N2 Teaching Partnership brings together 11 local organisations from across the statutory, private and voluntary sector:
- Nottinghamshire County Council
- Nottingham City Council
- Derbyshire County Council
- Derby City Council
- Framework Housing Association
- Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust
- Nottingham Trent University
- University of Derby
- University of Nottingham
- Making Waves
Our Partnership’s mission is to deliver excellent social work practice and education in the East Midland’s region. Our vision is for social work excellence that we can co-produce, recognise and evidence as achieving better outcomes for service users.
A partnership to improve the quality of Social Work for the local population through the integration and exchanging of values, knowledge and skills gained from experience, practice and research to sustain and improve the local workforce, through:
- Training high quality Social Workers to address local need.
- Enhancing opportunities for ongoing learning and career development.
- Using research to understand “what works” and achieves good outcomes.
In order to help us achieve this, we have 7 objectives that we are working towards:
- Admissions - we want to recruit the best students into social work training and offer a range of routes to qualification, including well established degree courses and accelerated progression routes
- Placements & curriculum – we want to ensure that all social work students have two statutory placements in their preferred area of specialism, embedded within a curriculum that reflects social work practice and research that is relevant and rigorous, useable and actionable
- Academic delivery – academic delivery needs to be co-designed, co-delivered and co-evaluated by employer partners and service users and carers
- Practice support and development – we want to train, develop and accredit our Practice Educator workforce to promote the highest standards of support – indicative of the modern social work profession
- Workforce and labour market planning – we need to ensure that our local workforce reflects and maintains the Partnership’s standards and provides a consistent and sustainable service to the communities it serves
- Progression – we want to raise standards to excellent in respect of qualifying social work education, CPD, recruitment and retention – to support progression and development of the East Midlands social work workforce
- Academics’ experience of practice engagement – we’ll be creating the systems and structures that will support more fluid workforce development opportunities, so that practitioners contribute their direct experience to the education and training of social workers, and social work academics retain currency with frontline practice.
We can’t stress strongly enough that this Partnership is your Partnership – we’re here to help you get the most out of your career as a social worker, and we’d welcome your involvement, your ideas, and your support.
Find out how you can get involved.