Support for young carers
If you are a young person caring for someone, and need extra help or need more time for hobbies or school, you may be able to get support and advice from us.
You are a young carer if you:
- are aged between 5 and 18
- provide care, assistance and support to someone else in your family.
To get support from us, you will need a complete a Young Carers Assessment. This will find out about the care you give and the support we can offer you.
How do I request a Young Carers Assessment?
For a Young Carers Assessment contact us by:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephone: 0300 500 80 80.
The support you could receive includes:
- help towards school or college activities
- leisure activities, spending time with friends
- help towards hobbies or interests
- equipment to help with your education such as books or a computer.
As part of your support we may offer you a personal budget. This gives you some choice and control over the support you get.