Support for young carers
If you are a young person caring for someone, and need extra help or need more time for hobbies or school, you may be able to get support and advice from us.
You are a young carer if you:
- are aged between 5 and 17
- provide care, assistance and support to someone.
To get support from us, you will need a complete a Young Carers Assessment. This will find out about the care you give and the support we can offer you.
How do I request a Young Carers Assessment?
For a Young Carers Assessment contact us by:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- telephone: 0300 500 80 80.
The support you could receive includes:
- help towards school or college activities
- leisure activities, spending time with friends
- help towards hobbies or interests
- equipment to help with your education such as books or a computer.
As part of your support we may offer you a personal budget. This gives you some choice and control over the support you get.
Nottinghamshire Carers Hub can provide information, advice and support to young carers and their families. If you contact the helpdesk on 0115 824 8824 you can speak to an experienced support worker. You can also email email@example.com