Emergency card for carers
What is an emergency card for carers?
An emergency card for carers identifies you as a carer in the event of an emergency.
The card does not give any personal information, but provides a phone number anyone can call.
Staff answering the phone will take any action you have agreed with us like:
- contact family/friends to let them know there is an emergency
- visit the person you care for and arrange emergency help.
Why do I need an emergency card?
In the event of an emergency you will have:
- emergency cover 24 hours a day
- peace of mind that in the event of an emergency the person you care for will be looked after.
Who can apply for a card?
You can apply for an emergency card if you are:
- a carer
- a cared for person living in Nottinghamshire (excluding Nottingham City) and over 18 years-old.
How do I apply for a card?
Or call our Customer Service Centre on 0300 500 80 80.
They can guide you through the process, send you a card and can answer any questions you have.