Support for people who have been adopted
A range of support and advice is available to adopted children under 18 and adults over 18.
Children under 18
Support available to children under 18 includes:
- meeting other adopted children and young people at our young people's events
- talking to the Support After Adoption team about being adopted.
Adults over 18
Adults over the age of 18 can:
- access adoption records
- receive birth records counselling
- get advice tracing birth relatives
- request intermediary services to meet birth family members.
For further support read our adopted adults information leaflet [PDF].
You can talk to the Support After Adoption team about any issues, worries or concerns you may have about being adopted, for instance if you:
- are worried about upsetting your adoptive parents
- were adopted from overseas
- are a black person adopted into a white family.
Tel: 0115 804 1125
Monday - Thursday 8.30am - 5.00pm
Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm