The Mobility Strategy for Nottinghamshire focuses on groups who are less able to make use of the main commercial bus network in the county. It also looks at new ways of working with suppliers of alternative modes of transport to ensure that everyone has access to services across the community.
Aims of the strategy
Within the strategy we wish to set out a new framework for transport services for people with mobility needs, which will allow county residents, whether disabled, frail, elderly, young or rurally isolated, to:
- Access services and facilities which they need to, in order to play a full role in the community
- Travel, within reason, when they wish to travel
- Access transport services which are reasonably priced
- Be provided with appropriate transport services to allow them to access the nearest town / transport hub from which they can travel onwards to their destination
- Enjoy a range of accessible, flexible and efficient transport services
- Use transport services to access employment, education and training opportunities.
Download the strategy
The Mobility Strategy for Nottinghamshire was approved by the Council's Cabinet on 6 April 2011. An executive summary and the complete strategy including the delivery plan are available to download below in PDF format:
A Mobility Strategy Update is available to download below in PDF format:
Mobility Strategy Update - May 2013 [PDF]