Activities and resources
The resources and activities listed below are available free of charge, unless otherwise stated.
Road Safety Education Resources:
- R U Payin Attention – An interactive classroom session addressing issues of distraction for cyclists & pedestrians
- Choices – An interactive lesson that considers the consequences of actions taken by pedestrians
- Theatre in Education – Tackling road user issues specifically affecting this age group.
Year 11 & 12
- Pre Driver -Workshop to encourage safe attitudes to driving
- Ready to Ride – A session aimed at encouraging the safe riding of mopeds and motorcycles
Year 12 & 13
- Consequences – A workshop exploring the risks and challenges of young drivers and their passengers
Age 15 -17
- Pre Driver Events – These are run during the school holidays throughout the year. They will attend workshops designed to introduce them to the responsibilities of becoming a driver. As part of the package students are given the opportunity to experience being behind the wheel of a car for the first time in a controlled environment with experienced driving instructors. The cost of the course is £45.
Visit our pre-driver page for more information.
Free lesson plans to help teachers include road safety in lessons on citizenship, MFL, media, and PSHE are available free online at: www.dft.gov.uk/think/education/secondary