A school travel plan is a document setting out a package of measures for reducing car usage and congestion in the area of the school and improving safety on the school journey. School travel plans are put together by the school and the school community. Our Road Safety Team can offer a template and guidance on completing a school travel plan.
Benefits to the school
- Reduce traffic in and around the school area
- Improve safety and reduce pollution
- Improve relationships with the local community.
Benefits to pupils
- Improve road safety skills
- Improve fitness levels through increased levels of walking
- Increase travel awareness.
Benefits to parents
- Improve journey quality
- Increase community awareness
- Strengthen home-school links.