[Skip to content]

Nottinghamshire County Council - Proud of our past, ambitious for our future

Pavement cafe licence

If you wish to operate a pavement cafe within the highway you will require a licence. This page contains guidance on how to apply for a licence, along with photographs showing good practice.

Examples of good practice

Making an application

Before making an application please read the Pavement Cafe Licences Standard Conditions, which are available below:

Application forms are available for download in Microsoft Word and Adobe PDF formats:

Before committing to a licence application, it would be wise to approach your local planning authority (i.e. your local Borough or District Council). A premise licence will be required and there may be other planning issues to address. Grant of a pavement café licence from the County Council (being your local highway authority) depends upon the agreement of the planning authority and police, amongst other things.

We will aim to deal with your application within six to eight weeks.

Make cheques payable to Nottinghamshire County Council.

Please return the completed application form and cheque to the relevant address below:

Bassetlaw, Newark, Ashfield and Mansfield areas:

Highways North Area Office
Nottinghamshire County Council
Highways Management
Welbeck House
Darwin Drive
Sherwood Energy Village
NG22 9FF

Rushcliffe, Gedling and Broxtowe areas:

Highways South Area Office
Nottinghamshire County Council
Highways Management
Trent Bridge House
Fox Road
West Bridgford

Further information

  • For further information about pavement cafe licences call our Customer Service Centre on tel: 0300 500 80 80.
By using this site you are agreeing to our terms and conditions (including using cookies to collect anonymous usage statistics). If you do not agree you may either stop cookies in your browser settings or stop browsing the site. Find out more about how we use cookies.. Close