We've made some changes to our website. You may find some areas still in development. Read more about this work.

Report a road, path, lighting or cycleway problem

If you have any concerns about the state of a road, pavement or cyclepath, or street/traffic lights not working please let us know so we can sort it out.

Report a road problem

You will need:

  • town, street name or full postcode
  • details of the problem
  • your contact details if you want to receive updates about the issue

What you are going to do:

You will be asked to:

  • select the type of problem (eg overhanging tree, damaged sign)
  • identify the location of the problem
  • provide some information about the problem.

Please tell us as much about the problem as possible.

Once we've received your report, we will normally send an inspector out to check the problem. They will identify what needs doing. They will organise somebody to come out and resolve the problem.

If you provide us with your contact details we will normally email you with updates and let you know when the problem has been resolved.

Alternative ways to do this:

You can also report a problem by contacting our customer service centre on telephone 0300 500 80 80.

Trunk roads

Please note, that motorways and trunk roads in Nottinghamshire (A1, A46, A453, A52 and M1) are managed by A-one+ on behalf of Highways England.

Faults on these roads can be reported directly on telephone: 0844 372 8381.

Get Started

Share this page?

Contact the Council

Find and talk with us online or contact us directly by online form, email, telephone, post or in person at one of our offices.

Facebook.com/Nottinghamshire Twitter.com/NottsCC Use our online form Visit us in person Call us on 0300 500 80 80